Monday, November 07, 2011

Sometimes you just have to party!

And we partied here...birthday partied to be specific, for my very good friend and neighbor. She and her husband helped me through this last difficult year and I'm so glad I was able to help her celebrate her birthday. Since I was expecting lots of people, I made two cakes. Behold!

The cake for the adults - chocolate interior:


The kiddie cake - vanilla confetti interior:


Little vultures circled the cakes and stripped them bare before they left. The sad remains? They still taste good.

4 comments:

LisaTV said...

They look awesome! I've never thought of using those cookies on the outside of the cake. What a great idea!

Beth said...

Too hard to decide between them. I hope you had a slice of each!

Kimberly said...

I like how the cookies make it look like a fortress protecting the chocolate interior!

شركة الشهاب said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.