Friday, March 10, 2006

Crack cookie cravings

Sam helped me make these aptly named (by Beth) cookies this evening. I think he'd have eaten 10 if I'd have let him.

Crack cookies (I think the true name is Crispies though)

1 c butter
1 c vegetable oil
1 c brown sugar
1 c sugar
1 egg
1 t salt
1 t baking soda
1 t vanilla
1 c rice krispies
1 c oatmeal
1 c coconut (unsweetened is best)
1/2 c chopped nuts
3 1/2 c flour

Mix, shape into balls, press down with sugar coated cup.

350 about 15 minutes

Fresh cookies, right out of the oven.

Now isn't that a much nicer thought than the last post?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

NO!! I don't think it's nice at all to tempt us to make those evil, fattening cookies by offering up the recipe!

Anne V said...

Hee hee hee. I am very evil. And an enabler...or maybe a pusher. I dare you to make them and limit intake to one a day.

Anonymous said...

You ARE a pusher. "come'on, bake some. Everybody's doin' it."

No thanks, I don't want the "Arkansas 10" to turn into the "Arkansas 20", and neither does Chip. LOL

Anonymous said...

I've had those cookies before and they're aptly titled.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Anne and "yes" I believe I did eat 10 and I didn't even say please. But I am sure between bites I said Thank You...judy

Anonymous said...

One might think that it's possible to limit intake of crack cookies by storing them in the freezer, but Nope! You just end up eating them frozen, which is also astonishingly good!