Thursday, March 09, 2006

You want more?

I’m not sure you want to hear about this but my mudpuppy story also reminded me of another somewhat but not very related story from Tuesday.

We went to drop off the car at the shop and then stopped on the way back for a quick grocery acquisition run. Sam got into one of those unwieldy car carts best suited for knocking down displays and we were off. A little while later I smelled a distinctive smell. “Sam, did you poop?” Denial on the part of the small dude.

I left it at that because Sam’s gotten pretty good about letting me know when he’s got poop. He usually does a cowboy walk over to me and announces “poo!”

But the smell continued. He wanted to get in the regular seat of the cart and the smell got stronger. Finally I did a visual and saw it was all up his back and in the seat of the “car” part of the cart. And pretty much everywhere. I wisely suggested to Ben that he change him while I get the rest of the things I needed and while he protested weakly, I pointed out that *I* knew what we needed.

He described a hellish experience in the mens room complete with clothing removal and sink washing. I think he called it a EPPE – embarrassing public poop experience. Finally, wet and still vaguely aromatic, they reappeared at the checkout counter.

You’d think this would be over but no, it’s not. I was checking out and mentioned to the teenyboppers at the checkout that I needed something to wipe out the cart. They wanted an in-depth explanation of why but were quite grossed out by the whole thing, giggled wildly and were unable to produce any cleaning materials at all, much less anything appropriate for the job at hand. So I ended up leaving the cart as is.

Be sure to look over your grocery carts before you use them, eh?

And don’t use cheap diapers.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank You! Drive Thru!

Anonymous said...

ewwwwwww!

Anne V said...

I'm sure you all envy me now, eh? LOL

Anonymous said...

hey, i put my time in, times two....i've had my leaking diapers, etc...no envy here...

Anonymous said...

I alway thought that for the amount of money you save on the cheaper diapers, a poop incident now an again was a small price to pay.

Although, I'm revising that opinion, now that I think about the next unsuspecting user of that cart! LOL

Anonymous said...

Had you been shopping at my local Meijer, I think Meryl could have helped you out. But she'd have been totally boaged out by the whole experience. Come to think of it, that was probably a great birth control moment for those teens.

Anne V said...

Wow, now there is something I wouldn't have considered. Birth control via really disgusting baby moments. So maybe they need those fake babies to produce real smells and messes.....

Anonymous said...

I've said a number of times that my sister should record the chaos in her 4-kid household and sell it as a birth control device.