Saturday, March 17, 2007

Do leprechauns shovel?

Today is St. Patricks day and we celebrated it by, er, doing nothing. We woke up to a bunch of snow this morning, probably about ten inches, and it wasn’t even green. You’d think if it’s going to snow on a holiday it should at least reflect the day. Our last big blast was on Valentines Day so it should have been pink. One year we had a huge snowstorm on Election Day. We had white snow but I’d have liked to see some red and blue with it.

Ben slept very late this morning and had just gotten up around 10 when Sam and I headed out to do some shoveling. Well, I shovel and Sam rolls around in the snow, shovels snow back into the area I’ve already shoveled and then complains about being cold. I told Ben my planning to head out and he responded, “Why shovel? It’s just going to melt in the next couple of days.”

Pardon? The snow that’s drifted up to my knees is magically going to be gone when I need to get out and about? I wonder if he really wouldn’t shovel if I weren’t there?

To my surprise leprechauns really DID appear in our driveway in the form of neighbors with snow blowers. Two leprechauns helped do the end of the driveway and the sidewalk and I didn’t even have any green beer for them. I played leprechaun to one of our other neighbors and helped her shovel her front walk.

On a completely different topic, today Sam told me that chipmunks eat chips. Just in case you were wondering.

2 comments:

LisaTV said...

Your last snow was Valentine's Day? What a buncha wimps!

Anne V said...

Ah, that's not what I said! I was talking about big snowstorms. We've had a few inches here and there, even 6 inches one day but they are not blogworthy.