Tuesday, March 13, 2007

I totally and completely underestimated my brother and sister in law

Way way way back at Christmas my sister told me about the first Barbie her daughter Abbie got for Christmas. Cast of characters: Joe = my brother, Lorrie = his wife, my sister in law, Lisa = my sister who just had the baby, Abbie = Lisa's daughter.

My sister wrote:

"So...Joe and Lorie sent Abbie her first Barbie doll ever, and wow...what a choice they made. This doll is the "Barbie Forever" version, and included in with her is her dog, Tanner. Other accessories include, dog bowl, bone, garbage can, box o treats, and pooper scooper with magnetic end. Now...Tanner's mouth opens, you feed him a treat/turd, and he poops it out the other end. Then, Barbie can pick up the turd, which is of course, magnetic, and put the turd in the trash can. The treat box attaches to the back of the trash can, and when you throw the turd into the can, it slides into the treat box. Presto chango, the turd become treat once more, and you can feed it to the dog again.

I doubt you believe there is such an item, do you???"


My response:

"ROFLMAO! Oh my, turd Barbie! You didn't actually include a link so I googled turd barbie. First hit:http://www.random-good-stuff.com/index.php/2006/11/30/wtf-barbie-doll-and-tanner-scooper-dog-set/

And again ROFLMAO! That's rich and rare. And yes, Beth should own this so I'm sending it her too. Totally blogworthy too. Dang, would Joe and Lorie find it insulting if I did that although I don't think they look at the blog and if they do it's irregularly."

Oh, and yes, you DO need to go to the link. Here is a visual.
Our family is pretty bad about the phone...we rarely talk but since my sister had a baby last week, communication was called for and in the midst of the "Congratulations" and "How does he sleep?" and "Does he have yellow non-smelly baby poop yet?" conversations somehow turned to Barbie.

My sister wrote to me today:

"Joe called me yesterday. It was nice to talk to him. BTW, he and Lorie knew exactly what they were doing when they bought Abbie the pooping dog Barbie...lol. He said Lorie was laughing her ass off at it, and contemplating how I would react. And to think we thought they might be offended if you put it on the blog...lol"

Ah HA! Now I picture Joe, and especially Laurie, cackling over the glories of Turd Barbie. Can't you see her cackling? I don't have a picture of Joe and Lorie together so here's Lori with Sam when we were visiting them a few years ago. And you'd think after 20+ years of being my sister in law I'd know how to spell Lorrie but the truth is that I'm not sure. Lorie, Laurie, Lorrie, Lori, etc. One of those must be correct.
They had us snookered, totally and completely snookered. I love that about them.
Isn't this a much better story now than it would have been way back then?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow...you still had the first email I sent you regarding Tanner the pooping dog?

I'm pleased as can be that they knew what they were buying...and of course now I'm thinking I should have known that all along!!

And btw, it's spelled Lorie.

Anonymous said...

Sam definitely needs Turd Barbie. It will start to prepare him for the exciting moment when he can change the cat box!

Renee said...

They also have one with a peeing cat http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_-9c16AEHQ

and then there's the horse, who, oddly, does not leave behind giant road apples. What, they don't think having Barbie muck out a stable is consistent with her image?

Renee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anne V said...

I'd love to see Barbie muck out a stable. I think it fits MY image of her perfectly. Too bad in this case it's the dog who eats the turds.